Monday, July 23, 2007
Not the news we were hoping for
This past Friday, Tim met with the kidney specialist. Unfortunately, the diagnosis from the ultrasound indicating that it was probably just simple cysts was incorrect. He has been officially diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease. I guess that the MRI or cat scan showed cysts on his liver too which confirms that it is PKD. The specialist said that he is the youngest patient she's seen with PKD. Most people don't know they have this disease until it is much further along. I guess it's a good thing because there may be some medicine that he can take to help with the growth of more cysts or the current cysts. The next step is a 24 Urine sample and then he has to have an MRA (which scans the brain and looks for aneurysms). Tim really didn't want everyone to know about this because he just wants to have everyone look at him as they did before and not someone who has a disease. I said that too many people are already know and would like an update so that they can at least say some prayers for our family. I appreciate the prayers. Hopefully, we can just sell our house now and be together as a family (the way we are meant to be).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i'm really sorry about the news. Tell Tim I won't treat him any differently...I'll still give him a hard time ;) but if there is anything i can do to help or look up for you, let me know. Prayers and love from my family to yours.
Post a Comment