Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

We had a wonderful 4th of July. Tim was able to come home Tuesday evening. We spent the 4th with our good friends. Their neighbors put on quite a show. Mason and their daughter, Kayla, had so much fun waving their flags, playing with on the swing set, going down the BIG water slide, swimming in the pool, playing with moon sand, and snacking all night long. Kayla really enjoyed the fireworks. Mason, on the other hand, absolutely hated the loud "BOOMS." He was psyched up for the fireworks, but once that first loud boom went off, he had had enough. He sat on my lap for a few minutes and then spent the rest of the evening inside watching "Charlotte's Web." He could see some of the show from the sliding glass window. Maybe next year, he'll like them better. I'm sure if we weren't so close to them, he would probably enjoy them more, but who knows? I have attached a lot of pictures from our afternoon and evening. I think my firework photos are getting better each year. Enjoy the pictures. Hope everyone else had a wonderful day.
Kayla's baby sister, Addison.

We were fortunate that the rain stayed away, but we were still able to enjoy the beauty of these big fluffy clouds. AMAZING!

Mason absolutely loved the BIG water slide. I was a little surprised how
much he loved it. He probably went down about 20 or so times.

Drying off after the pool. Kayla and Mason playing with Moon Sand.
This is really cool stuff. It is the "perfect"
packing sand. I'll have to get Mason some.

Mason buried his head into me as the fireworks "BOOMED." He really doesn't
like really loud noises. He was much happier when he went inside and sat on the
couch to watch "Charlotte's Web." He was fine to let me go back out and snap
some pictures, while I enjoyed the show with Tim and our friends. What a good
sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the fireworks! So clear and great color! Glad to see you all enjoyed yourselves.