Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ECZEMA

Back on the 18th of March, I had taken Mason in for a recheck of his ear and lungs. We were seeing our regular doctor's partner, but our doctor came out to say hi to the boys. I asked her to look at Spencer's face, because it looked terribly dry and red. I thought that maybe it was cradle cap that extended to his face, but she said that it was eczema. She suggested that I put Cortisone on it twice a day for 5 days. If it didn't get better, I was to call her and she would refer us to a dermatologist. So, this past Sunday, I noticed that he had a rash on his torso and back. I decided to go ahead and call our doctor and she wanted to see him. So I took him in today and she definitely thinks that it is a bad case of eczema and has referred us to a dermatologist. I also told her that he seemed to be spitting up more lately, so she prescribed something for reflux. We're not sure if that is what it is, but I guess if the medicine helps we'll know, otherwise it could be allergies to something I am eating. Who knows? I'll keep everyone posted. I have to check and see if the dermatologist is covered by our insurance and schedule an appointment for him.

No comments: