Friday, April 18, 2008
Did you feel it??????
THE EARTHQUAKE? I woke up right at 4:37 am feeling the bed shake, but had no idea what it was. It wasn't until I turned on the news this morning that I made the connection that I had felt the 5.2 magnitude earthquake. What a rarity! I remember when I was younger and staying with my cousins there was an earthquake. I didn't actually feel that one because I was in the car, but my uncle told us that one had hit. I know people in California would probably not agree, but it was kinda cool. I guess because it is so rare (and the fact that there was no major damage and no one was hurt). Send a comment if you felt the quake and tell us where you are. They said people as far as Ohio and Wisconsin could feel it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hello! I didn't feel it, but there are people around the area and north of Grand Rapids who felt it. Stephanie is down in Tuscola and she said it woke her up and she's a heavy sleeper.
3 of 4 of us woke to the shaking this morning at 4:37ish! What an alarm clock!
We felt it and knew right away what it was. I have been fortunate to feel some bigger ones in Alaska. Yeah, they are cool and fun when no real damage is done. However, both Adam's parents have lost their houses before in the Cali quakes. Still pretty crazy how a shift in the crust can make our whole world shake.
I didn't feel it but many of my coworkers did. I wish I would have. What a rare thing to have experienced. I remember the one back in the 80's. I didn't feel that one either. Darn it!
Post a Comment