Thursday, May 17, 2007

More drama at our house

Monday morning, I was getting ready so that Mason and I could take a walk and play at the park. All of a sudden I heard a cry from Maoson's room. He decided that he needed to get Poppy (his dog, Pottery) and paci from his bed, and managed to fall after climbing the rail (b/c Poppy and paci "were far, far away.") His mouth was bleeding and he was crying. It was hard to tell exactly where the blood was coming from, but I managed to get the bleeding to stop with a popcicle. I finished getting ready and we went on our walk. When we got back, I noticed Mason messing with his teeth and by now I could get a better look. I could tell that he had bumped his top teeth and gums. Of course, I went into panic mode and called Tim. We finally got a hold of a pediatric dentist and we took him there after his nap. The good news is that he didn't fracture anything. The bad news is that he did bump the top 4 teeth and the top middle tooth is loose. There is a chance the the nerves in all 4 teeth may die and his teeth could darken. Of course, this makes me extremely sad. The doctor told me not to feel guilty. She said she sees at least one child a week who has done something similar. We will take him back in 2 weeks and again in 3 months for follow-ups and a cleaning. Let's hope there will be no more drama in this house for a long time. I don't think I can take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya. Jonah chipped his tooth not too long ago and I was upset at first. At least they are baby teeth not permanent teeth.