Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5 Months Old

It's very hard to believe that Spencer is already 5 months old. How is that possible? I remember telling him the day he was born that I wanted him to stay my little baby forever and here is growing up way too fast. He is just about sitting all by himself (unassisted without falling over for about 20 seconds, he cut his first tooth yesterday and I think another will pop through anytime, he has put himself on a good schedule ~naps for 2 hours in the morning and about 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon, he is eating cereal and vegetables, and now the baby hair that fell out is being replaced with soft blond hair). Before I know it, he'll be off to Kindergarten.

Mason is also growing up too fast. He is fully potty trained, including through the night, he gets himself dressed, puts on his own shoes, and using big words. One of his favorite shows is Word Girl. On one episode the word was 'sweltering.' Today I said that I was hot and he asked if I was 'sweltering.' I am blown away when he uses big words and in the right context. I guess all of the TV watching this winter has it's benefits.

Anyhow, enough boasting about my kids. I just like to put these things down, so I'll remember them down the road.

No comments: