I have to share this very yummy recipe that was in my Kraft Foods magazine. It was sooo YUMMY that I thought it was worth passing on to others. I served it with rice and Mexican style frozen veggies that I steamed. I will definitely be making this one again.
Fiesta Chicken Enchilada
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cooked small chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), shredded (I used the white meat from a rotisserie chicken ~4cups. It was so easy to shred and doing this step the day before made for a quick dinner).
1 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa, divided
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed (I didn't read the recipe too well when I made it and used all of the cream cheese, although I used the 1/3 less fat)
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro (I left this out because I'm not a big fan of cilantro)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided (I used the Mexican 4 cheese).
8 Flour Tortillas
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Heat large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.
SPOON about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
If you don't already get this magazine in the mail, go to their website and sign up. IT'S FREE and comes 4 times a year.



2 comments:
I have a chicken enchilada recipe that I love as well. Mine does not have cream cheese in it. Maybe I will add some next time. I will have to try the rotisserie chicken trick too. For mine, I poach chicken breasts and then shred them and it seems to take forever.
I get this magazine and you are right the recipes are very good and usually quite easy to make and relatively inexpensive. I will have to try this recipe.
Post a Comment