Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday with the ones they love. The boys and I went up to Tim's branch to open Mason's savings account and have lunch. Knowing that it would be difficult to go to dinner having a very cranky baby in the evenings. Poor Spencer is not a very happy baby in the evenings. He does a lot of crying from about 5:30 or 6:00 on. I always look forward to Tim coming home, even though we don't actually get to spend anytime together. I am hoping that this phase will soon be grown out of. It's been pretty tough the past couple of weeks (especially since Mason gets up some nights). I think the combination of little sleep, crying baby, and trying 3 year old is starting to wear on me. Last night I finally broke down and cried right along with Spencer. Fortunately, he had a good night and slept most of it in his pack 'n play and has had a great day (allowing Mason and I to spend a lot of quality time together). I am looking forward to this weekend and having Tim home for the next 3 days.
Anyhow, I have included some pictures from this week. Our neighbor invited us over on Monday for some Valentine crafts and lunch. Unfortunately, Mason didn't want to participate in the crafts (he had not been to their house in quite some time and just wanted to play with his buddy's toys). I bought white picture frame mats and some heart stamps for the boys to decorate.

Mason ended up doing his the next day with me. I figure I can buy a frame and put a Valentine picture of the boys in it next year. It's pretty cute, we added some red sticker letters to it that says LOVE. Mason enjoyed helping with his lunch today. He spread the peanut butter on his bread and helped cut out trains using the new cookie cutters from Nana and Grandpa. You'll notice him eating a lollipop that they sent that lit up. Pretty cool.
We also enjoyed watching some new movies this week that Grandma and Grandpa sent.



Mason singing to Spencer one morning this week


Mason making his choo choo train peanut butter and jelly sandwich


Spencer exploring toy and a picture from his perspective

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Ok- I LOVE the picture of Mason singing to Spencer- how sweet is that!

And the train cookie cutters? Love the idea for the sandwich- and the fact that you let Mason do it all himself- I need to hand over the reigns to my little man more often- thanks for the reminder!