skip to main |
skip to sidebar
WORTH THE WAIT
For those of you not aware, I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday, December 19th, but unfortunately there was no room at the inn for us. I was very disappointed that my well planned out delivery was not going to go my way. I try so hard to be organized and have everything in order, that I set myself up for disappointment when things don't go as planned. So on Thursday, December 20th I went and saw my doctor so that she could hopefully move things along for us. I was pleased to know that I was already between 2 and 3cm. She scheduled me to be the first induction on Friday, December 21st at 5:30 am. So finally, after what seemed like a forever wait, Friday came. Tim, myself, and my sister, Dawn took off for the hospital. We got settled in and by 6:45 am I had my IV, pitocin, and penicillin G. The penicillin G was because I test positive for Group B strep. And honestly, the penicillin G was the worst part of my whole labor and delivery. As it enters your blood stream it causes a lot of pain in that arm (OUCH). By 8:45 am I had my epidural and the doctor broke my water. By 10 am, I had gone from 3cm and 50% to 7cm and 80%. By 11:45 or so, I was completely dilated. We waited until Spencer was a +2 (a little before 1pm) and then with 2 contractions, our beautiful baby boy was born. It was the most amazing birth and definitely WORTH THE WAIT.I was so fortunate to have my sister there to capture every part of this amazing child's birth. It you haven't checked out her blog or website, please do. I have emailed everyone with the links and if for some reason you didn't get them, please email me and I will forward them onto you.For now, here are a few pictures from the past 6 days.




6 comments:
Congrats!!!!
John, Amy & Natalie
What a beautiful baby Liz. Congrats to your entire family on the new addition. Glad your labor went well too. Let your sister know she did a great job with the camera!
Glad things went so well for you and Spencer! Can't wait to meet him. Mason looks like a proud big brother. I loved Dawns montage. How neat that she was able to do that for you!
Beautiful baby boy! How have the past few days gone with Mason? He looks very happy to have a brother. Dawn's pics are beautiful, too. You're blessed to have such a talented sister!
Congrats!!! We are so excited to see that Spencer has made his blessed arrival!! I so enjoyed seeing the pictures that your sister took - they are beautiful!
Love,
Jeana, John, & Elijah
Mason looks so happy to be a big brother and I know he will be great at it.
Post a Comment