I know it has been quite some time since I've updated everyone, but life here has been insane as always. I hate that so many of my posts sound like woe is me, but that's the way things have been going here. It started when I posted that Tim had lost another job. Then Mason had pneumonia and a possible enlarged heart. Mason also had bumped his front teeth (which are now turning grey) and had a not so pleasant visit to the dentist.
Well, since then our attention turns to Tim and his health. Back on May 30th, he told me that he felt a lump under his left rib cage. He said it wasn't painful, but felt more like pressure. He decided that maybe he should call our family doctor. Our doctor suggested that he go to the ER for an Xray and then follow up with her on Friday, June 1st. The Xray tech said that it appeared that he had broken a rib at some point (for all we know it was back in his high school or college football days) and there may be a calcium build up. When he went in for his follow up appointment, our doctor said that it could be a cyst and wanted him to have a cat scan done on Monday, June 4th. Our doctor's office called on Wednesday the 6th and said they had the results and that the doctor wanted him to come in for another follow up, but wouldn't be able to see him until Friday, June 14th. We figured must be no big deal if they are waiting a whole week and a half before seeing him. So Tim went in and was told that yes for sure he had had a broken rib at some point and that he also has POLY CYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE. There were a number of cysts on his kidney(s). He needed to have a 24 hour urine test done and have an ultrasound done. Unfortunately, he was starting his new job the following Monday and would have to wait another whole week for the ultrasound (which was yesterday). Again the doctor's office called and wants to have ANOTHER follow up appointment. Our guess is to refer him to a kidney specialist. Unfortunately, we have to wait almost 2 weeks before his follow up. I'll, of course, do my best to update everyone when we know more. But for now this is what we know of the disease. It is a hereditary disease that usually doesn't show up until your 30's or 40's (if you don't know Tim was adopted and there was no record of this). You have a 50% chance of passing this on to your children. Worse case scenario, you go into renal failure and will need dialysis or even a kidney transplant. There's a lot more info on the web, if you are interested.
I guess all I can ask of my friends and family is to continue to pray for my family. I would greatly appreciate all the prayers we can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hold in their Liz. It seems a little unfair that your family is getting hit with so many difficult times. My thoughts are with you guys and hopefully soon (like tomorrow) life will take a turn for the good.
I hear good news, just cysts, that is so awesome to hear some good news for you all. Now hurry up and sell that house and move up here so I have someone to scrapbook with.
Post a Comment